Geotechnical engineering is a specialization within civil engineering that is concerned with the engineering behavior of earth materials.
MTE employs a team of geotechnical engineering specialists who provide geotechnical solutions and analysis for commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and municipal developments and/or reconstruction projects. Through Exploration and characterization of soil and rock via boreholes and test pits, as well as monitoring well installation and decommissioning, our team is able to determine the impact that geological formations may have on construction projects.
Our team of specialists are experienced in geotechnical bearing resistance and settlement analysis, foundations and underpinning recommendations, pavement condition assessments and rehabilitation strategies, new pavement designs and infiltration testing. We collaborate to deliver the following solutions for our clients:
- Geotechnical engineering and analysis
- Field investigations
- Foundation recommendations
- Pavement design and analysis
- Slope stability analysis
Materials Testing Laboratory
Our team now operates a CCIL-certified materials testing laboratory facility out of our Stratford office. We can provide laboratory construction material testing on various materials including soils and aggregates. Our laboratory provides testing of the following materials using the latest industry-approved testing standards.
- Gradation Analysis
- Wash Pass 75μm Sieve Determination
- Percent of Crushed Particles Determination
- Percent Flat and Elongated Particles
- Asphalt Coated Particles Determination
- Moisture Content Determination
- Gradation Analysis Employing Hydrometer
- Specific Gravity Determination of Soils
- Atterberg Limits of Cohesive Soils
- Standard Proctor Density Testing