The level of expertise and detail that our team employs on environmental science projects ensures that our clients are receiving precise evaluations and appropriate solutions for their projects.
We compel our staff of engineers, environmental scientists, hydrogeologists and field staff to adhere to a high technical standard that ensures that our clients’ goals are met with accurate, timely and financially responsible solutions.
Our Environmental Services Include:
Environmental Site Assessment
MTE is a leader in providing environmental science solutions for site assessment and remediation projects. Our commitment to providing thorough assessments and remaining knowledgeable of current environmental legislation means that our clients' timeline and financial expectations are met.
Our clients and projects benefit from our expertise with the following:
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Record of Site Conditions
- Site Redevelopment, Decommissioning and Redevelopment
- Brownfield Development and Remediation
- Underground Storage Tank Removals
- Spill Remediation
- Environmental Assessments and Compliance Audits
- Litigation Support, Expert Witness and Technical Peer Reviews
Environmental Permitting and Compliance
The environmental laws and regulations that are enacted from all layers of government are constantly evolving. The regulatory burden affecting businesses and individuals as well as the difficulties with achieving compliance presents unique challenges to overcome. Our skilled team of trained engineers and scientists are dedicated to helping our clients solve these complex issues and navigate the current environmental regulatory landscape. We provide environmental permitting and compliance assistance to our clients.
Our team offers a range of technical environment science services, including:
- Assistance with obtaining an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA)
- Registering on the Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR)
- Reporting through the National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI)
- Completing a Toxic Substance Reduction Plan
- Preparing a Spill Management and Response Plan
- Developing environmental management programs and systems (procedures, training, information management, etc.)
- Environmental risk analysis
Hydrogeological / Groundwater Resources
Hydrogeological studies are an integral part of development applications and are an important step in determining development and construction alternatives. Southern Ontario’s reliance on groundwater makes it a vital resource that requires specific knowledge and expertise.
Our Groundwater Resources group provides unique geoscience consulting services to our clients. This environmental science team consists of hydrogeologists and environmental geoscientists who focus on providing sustainable solutions for our clients.
Our staff has over 50 years of combined experience in providing the following services:
- Hydrogeological Investigations
- Drinking Water Treatment Studies
- Source Water Protection Studies
- Nutrient Management Plans
- Quality Monitoring and Modelling
- Dewatering Assessments
- Ministry of the Environment Permit To Take Water
Ecology & Natural Environment Consulting Services
Through proper study of the natural environment, we can scientifically evaluate the data and potential impacts of a proposed development.
Our goal is an economically viable plan which supports a sustainable natural environment.
With a solid understanding of critical features and functions of the natural environment, we can recommend approaches which lead to approvals for your development plans or proposed land use change through:
- Environmental Assessments (EA)
- Environmental Impact Studies (EIS)
- Renewable Energy Assessments (REA)
- Natural Environment reports for Aggregate Act application
- Environmental Management Strategies for Area Plans
- Endangered Species Act permits
- Permit to Take Water (surface)
- Habitat Restoration and Channel Relocation
- Tree Assessment
- Fisheries Act Permits
- Expert Witness
Toxicology & Risk Assessment
We are leaders in providing toxicology and risk assessment services to both public and private sector clients. We help our clients overcome obstacles using environmental science methods that are performed by experienced professionals. Clients receive clear communications of our findings and are provided with scientifically defensible data that allows them to make informed decisions.
We have a strong reputation in our industry for technical quality, which is delivered by our team of experts who publish their work in peer-reviewed journals, present at conferences, and participate on government advisory committees.
The services listed below reflect our areas of expertise within the fields of toxicology and risk assessment.