We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our Environmental team and work out of our Burlington office.
Project Manager, OLS
We are currently seeking a Project Manager, Surveying to work out of our Burlington office.
Ontario Land Surveyor
We are currently seeking a Ontario Land Surveyor to work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
MTE values our staff and recognizes that our work; it speaks for itself. This is the place to be if you desire a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
We are currently seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to lead our growing Hydrogeology Group, operating within our Environmental Division in Burlington.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity to advance their career and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
Our hydrogeologists enjoy collaborating, not only with experts in their field, but also with engineering professionals on complex projects. Our clients have observed that our team strives to be heavily involved with all aspects of projects to ensure we can provide our clients with quality performance, excellent customer service and diverse expertise.
We are currently seeking a motivated self-starter with a passion for engineering to join our Burlington Building Structures Division!
Working within a project team, the primary responsibility of this role will be the preparation of engineering drawings using REVIT and CAD software for a variety of structural engineering projects. In this role, you will be responsible for developing detailed structural designs for a various institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
Project Principal, Building Restoration
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We strive to be “The Empowering Expert” to our clients through our processes and strategies. In this mode of service delivery, we apply our expertise to serve our clients’ needs while we coach them and provide guidance to make educated decisions and communicate with their Stakeholders. Our success is defined by our clients’ success, as we develop an awareness of their key drivers and areas of risk. We strive for our clients to feel like no one else understands them or their buildings as well as we do, and no one else will be as dedicated to them.
The Project Principal is the go-to person for clients and will help build long-term relationships. This position will help grow the business through building internal knowledge systems and training our excellent team of junior engineers. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in building science and structural restoration, including knowledge in roofing, waterproofing, structural rehabilitation, masonry, windows, curtain walls, sealants, EIFS, and site pavements, and other cladding systems. The successful candidate has experience leading project teams with multiple levels of staff, as well as peer reviewing designs, specifications and reports. We are not currently considering candidates with most of their experience in condition assessments or Bulletin 19 at this time.
Manager, Civil Engineering
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Civil Engineering Division in our Burlington office. This team creates civil engineering solutions for mostly industrial, institutional and residential projects in the GTA & Greater Golden Horseshoe area.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking to advance their career by taking on a senior management position in our company.
Are you someone that:
- Is driven by the challenge and success of growing a business.
- Wants to support and grow a team.
- Wants to improve project delivery processes and financial results.
- Finds training and mentorship of junior staff the most rewarding part of your job.
Like running a small business, this role involves growing a team:
The Civil Engineering Division Manager leads a team of over 25 people that includes Civil Engineers, Project Managers, Designers, Inspectors, and CAD Technologists in our Burlington office. The team produces servicing, grading, and stormwater management solutions for development projects across Ontario.
While everyone on the team works together to deliver projects and keep our clients happy, the Division Manager ensures that staff are enabled to do this and are supported to carry out their day-to-day tasks successfully.
Ultimately, you are responsible for the success of the Division. A tall task that involves empowering staff to develop their skills through mentorship, training and project work.
Each year the Division Manager creates a business plan for their Division that outlines their short and long-term goals for maintaining and growing their business. Throughout the year, you will manage and report on the progress of your team, plan and budget.
But without the risk and challenges of running a small business:
You won’t be going this alone. The previous Division Manager has recently been promoted to the Operational Director position for the Burlington and Toronto offices. Kayam Ramsewak will be a resource to you, having led and grown this team over the past 10 years.
You will also have the full support of the other Division Managers in the Burlington office, who are also growing their teams. They will help you as you navigate this role, advocating for the success of the Burlington office. They have all been working together for over five years and meet regularly to collaborate on business and staffing opportunities and challenges, business development strategies and to ensure the overall success of the office.
Have a question? Feel free to reach out to them:
Thomas Jones, P.Eng., QPESA, LEED AP
You will also have access to the expertise of over 125 civil engineering professionals, located in MTE’s other offices. This group includes professionals who have been working in the industry for over 35 years, and are just a call away whenever you need advice or input on a project, client or process.
And finally, you have assistance from MTE’s internal corporate services teams who specialize in human resources, accounting, marketing, business development, IT, records and information management. They will work with you every day, helping you advance your business plans, and support your team and clients.
Who do we work for?
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! The Burlington civil engineering team has long-term relationships with many architects, developers and contractors. MTE also has a solid reputation in the civil engineering field, which leads to many opportunities to collaborate with new clients and build new relationships.
You may recognize the following projects, which have all benefitted from the knowledge and efforts of our civil engineering team in Burlington:
Gage Park Conservatory, Hamilton
Indigenous House, University of Toronto Scarborough
Halton Region Paramedic Services Station 17 and the Milton Fire Station No 5.
Why is the role important?
The Division Manager role may be the most challenging position at MTE; they are our company’s rock stars! They are our leaders, mentors and business growers. They manage teams of professionals each day to deliver projects that shape our communities.
Their staff look to them to help them grow their own careers and development. And they are a resource to all of their team members, providing guidance on how to deliver solutions to our clients.
Your days will also be amplified by the thrill of project work; you’ll have first-hand experience with our clients, approving agencies and other consulting team members. Half of your time will be dedicated to managing and providing technical input on projects, providing you with the opportunity to enhance and improve your community.
Why is employee-ownership a “big deal” at MTE?
Anyone who works at MTE has the ability to become a shareholder, regardless of position. With over 120 shareholders, many of our staff have ownership in the company. This is a large group of people at all levels of the company that has a vested interest in the firm’s success beyond just being an employee.
For our culture this means that management is transparent with employees about financial results and strategic plans. In turn, staff are engaged in the operations and success of the company and their team.
Where will I be working?
Our Burlington office is located off the QEW, and is easy to access for those coming from all areas in and around Burlington.
With over 90 people, Burlington is MTE’s second largest office and has been growing since opening over 20 years ago. Although civil engineering is your focus, you will have the ability to collaborate with structural and environmental engineering, and surveying professionals.
- Overseeing the design and delivery of small to large scale land development projects working collaboratively with your team, your clients and approval agencies to find the right solutions.
- Providing leadership to a group of high performing Technologists, Design Engineers and Project Managers.
- Mentoring staff including mid-year and annual performance reviews.
- Establishing annual business plans and revenue targets for your team.
- Tracking the financial performance of your team on a weekly and monthly basis and be ready to adjust priorities in order to meet corporate goals.
- Monitoring team utilization and work with your team to address productivity concerns.
- Fostering relationships with our existing clients and building relationships with new ones.
- Producing high quality engineering proposals to showcase your team and secure new work.
- Assigning project work to members of your team and leading the weekly scheduling activities.
- Managing individual projects in the role of a Project Manager and stamping engineer.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Possess a degree in Civil Engineering combined with a P.Eng. designation and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience including both project and team management.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to land development projects.
- Provide technical assistance and input on projects, for the purpose of ensuring delivery of a consistent, quality solution to our clients.
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions for design work completed by your team.
- Pay attention to detail and possess sound independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Be able to competently prepare technical reports to support the consulting work produced by team.
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, agencies and clients;
- Command a “team player” approach to management, design and problem solving.
- Hold strong time management and organizational skills.
Designer, Civil Engineering
We are currently looking for a Designer to join our Civil Engineering team in Burlington.
Senior Designer, Civil Engineering
We are currently seeking a Senior Civil Designer to work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 35 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
Project Manager, Civil Engineering
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Civil Engineering Division in Burlington. This team creates civil engineering solutions for mostly private development projects in Hamilton and Halton Region, as well as sites around Ontario.
As change in your career can be overwhelming; we want to help you make the decision that’s right for you. Here’s some important details about the position and MTE.
Why do others working in this position like the role?
The Engineers on this team are empowered to make projects successful for our clients and communities. They work closely with the project team to analyze, debate and envision solutions that will make a real impact. They have developed an expertise in site and land development projects that puts them at the top of their profession. At the same time, there is depth and experience in this group that can be relied upon; someone is always there to provide advice, time and effort to help solve the problem. You’re never alone when you’re on the MTE team.
“As a multi-disciplinary firm, I get to lead projects that involve more than civil engineering. Working with engineers that have expertise in different fields makes me a better, more well-rounded engineer. It’s also rewarding to show our clients how being multi-disciplinary adds value to their projects.”
What kinds of projects will be you be working on?
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! They transform our cities and towns into welcoming, vibrant and healthy communities. We feel fortunate to be able to contribute and positively influence the space around us for our neighbours, families and friends.
The Burlington civil engineering team works on projects in over 20 municipalities, including Burlington, Hamilton, Oakville, Brantford, Brant County and Toronto.
Some of the team’s current projects include:
- Valera Condos, Burlington
- Clarington Police Complex
- University of Toronto Indigenous House
- Balmoral Recreation Centre Addition, Brampton
- Gilmore Lodge Long-Term Care Facility, Fort Erie
- Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
- Shellard Lane Subdivision, Brantford
“I take pride in seeing my company logo all over as I drive and see construction projects going on. Then when the projects done, I take pride in seeing the positive effect it has on my community. I feel proud being a part of the MTE Family.”
Who will you be working with?
The Civil Engineering team is made up of nearly 30 people, including 6 Civil Engineers, 9 Designers, 4 CAD Technologists and a 6-person Construction Services team.
This team is led by three experienced engineering professionals, Kayam Ramsewak and Ward Wilson. They manage and provide mentorship to the team on a daily basis.
Where will I be working?
Our Burlington office is located off the QEW, and is easy to access for those coming from all areas in and around Burlington.
With over 90 people, Burlington is MTE’s second largest office and has been growing since opening over 20 years ago. Although civil engineering is your focus, you will have the ability to collaborate with structural and environmental engineering, and surveying professionals. With so many different professionals working in the same office, collaboration is customary!
What makes MTE different than other workplaces?
MTE is about three things …. People, people, people. Our staff, our clients and our partners.
We get to work for some of the best clients. They value our work and appreciate the skills and experience of our staff. We also have a solid reputation with our agency peers, which results in positive experiences for our staff during the review and approvals processes.
Not every engineering firm is the same, it is truly the people that make the difference. MTE is an employee owned company, and ownership is available to all staff. We care a great deal about our clients and each other.
These are some of the reasons we like working together:
“I’m very lucky to have an awesome team who always has each other’s backs, personally and professionally.”
“MTE has an inclusive and flexible work environment that encourages and helps employees to follow their personal career goals within the opportunities available.”
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years Civil Engineering design experience is required, as well as a minimum of 5 years in a project management role.
- Possess a P.Eng. designation.
- Understanding of the Subdivision and/or Site Plan review process.
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations.
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
What will you be doing every day?
- Responsible for the planning, executing and delivery of large to small scale residential and ICI development projects, ensuring the project is within budget and on schedule while managing the clients’ expectations.
- Procure new projects and clients by identifying business development opportunities, understanding industry and development in the GTA and Greater Golden Horseshoe area, leading proposal efforts including completing project scoping and RFP assessments.
- Manage day-to-day client interactions, communicate effectively with clients and internal/external project teams, and continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction.
- Manage project execution by providing direction to the project team, appropriately scheduling time and acting as main point of contact between internal and external project teams.
- Manage project financials including invoicing, progress payment certificates, collecting accounts receivables and managing project budgets.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Administer contract administration, as required.
- Attendance at project meetings.
- Other duties; as assigned.