MTE Consultants remains committed to the health and safety of all our employees. At this time, MTE has been deemed an essential service and as such, our employees continue to work. Employees who are required to visit job sites or perform field work must continue to follow MTE’s health and safety policies and procedures. In addition to our standard health and safety policies and procedures, all MTE employees shall adhere to our COVID-19 protocols as follows:
- Should an employee feel unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms related to COVID-19, they shall notify their supervisor and remain at home in self-isolation for 14 days.
- All employees who have returned from travel since March 15th are required to self-isolate for a total of 14 days.
- While on construction sites, or performing field work, employees are required to practice physical distancing at all times. The employee must also adhere to any health and safety measures put in place by the site contractor and/or owner.
- MTE employees are not permitted to enter a construction site whereby any of the workers have exhibited signs of illness within the last 14 days.
- MTE employees are required to review the COVID-19 protocols prepared by the Contractor for each construction site.
- MTE strongly encourages employees to minimize face-to-face meetings where possible, and use technology as applicable to replace face-to-face meetings.
- Employees are required to practice proper hand washing techniques, and avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Should an employee of MTE who was on a construction site or performing fieldwork test positive for COVID-19, MTE will assume the responsibility to notify the Project Manager of the construction site.
As the situation surrounding the pandemic is ever evolving, the above may change to suit the current environment.