MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer to work out of our Kitchener office.
As a Water Resources Engineer, you will work on a variety of projects including hydrologic modeling, sizing of storm water management facilities, hydraulic modeling of water courses (creeks / rivers) and infrastructure for flood plain mapping, stormwater management facility design and water balance impact assessments.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Water Resources Engineering (Masters degree will be considered an asset);
- 5 to 7 years of related experience, preferably in a consulting firm;
- Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng);
- Strong working knowledge of applicable software including HEC-2/HEC-RAS, GAWSER, MIDUSS, OTTHYMO, XPSSWMM and MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations;
- Advanced technical writing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and sound independent judgment and decision making skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, staff, and clients, and a “team player” approach to design and problem solving is required; and
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset.