We are currently seeking a Water Resources Engineer-in-Training to work out of our Kitchener office, working within our Civil Engineering Sector under the direction of a Senior Engineer.
- Site visits at various Land Development projects to collect water quality information from data loggers, collect water samples, and submit information to laboratory for processing;
- Manage and coordinate a flexible field schedule, maintain inventory of field program equipment, perform site inspections, troubleshoot onsite, communicate effectively with team;
- Analyze, interpret, and report on data received from data loggers;
- Prepare monthly and yearly reports, as required;
- Prepare documentation in support of infrastructure acceptance;
- Assist with a variety of projects including hydrologic modeling, sizing of stormwater management facilities, hydraulic modeling of water courses (creeks/rivers) and infrastructure for floodplain mapping and water balance impact assessments; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental / Water Resources Engineering;
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Experience with technical report writing; and
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.