The Training & Development Specialist is responsible for coordinating and providing support to all areas of training and development across the organization. Under the direction of the Director, Human Resources and in consultation with senior leaders, this position is responsible for the general management of employee training records in addition to administering required training to employees in a timely manner. This role will also participate in designing, and delivering training programs that are aligned with the corporate values and business goals.
- Responsible for the tracking and accuracy of all employee training records through data entry of records into an internal learning management system;
- Facilitate learning sessions, in both classroom and virtual environments creating a comfortable, inclusive and engaging learning environment. Learning sessions will consist of a variety of HR related topics geared towards building and enhancing leadership skills;
- Provide support to the internal technical practices groups by ensuring that mandatory internal training programs have been assigned and completed;
- Assist employees and managers with training registrations as requested;
- Map out annual corporate training schedules in collaboration with senior managers and technical practice groups;
- Identify and assess external training services and associated costs; engage third party where applicable; and
- Coordinate internal training sessions such as lunch and learns and virtual training for all offices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in roles that require strong learning and development experience creating L&D programs of varying scales;
- Broader HR experience beyond the minimum years of L&D focus is a plus;
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong business writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently and in a self-directed manner with minimal guidance;
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience with a variety of learning technologies and their application within learning programs;
- Knowledge of learning management systems (i.e. Dayforce);
- Excellent presentation, facilitation & delivery skills both in person & virtually; and
- High attention to detail.