Our Environmental team has an exciting opportunity for a Toxicologist to join us in Kitchener.
Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
MTE Consultants is an employee-owned company that provides services in civil and structural engineering, building and environmental science, toxicology, and land surveying. Since beginning in 1985, MTE has grown to over 400 employees with offices in Burlington, Kitchener, London, Stratford and Toronto.
Our employees are integral to who we are and what we do. As a result we strive to provide a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
- Conduct literature searches;
- Collect, collate and summarize analytical data;
- Complete quality assurance checks of technical material;
- Complete all aspects of a risk assessment (problem formulation, exposure assessment, hazard assessment and risk characterization);
- Conduct chemical fate and transport modeling;
- Preparation of reports and assessments as well as the review, evaluation and interpretation of published toxicology and related environmental assessment data;
- Develop and maintain contacts with clients and regulators;
- Work towards developing project management skills as experience increases; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human or ecological toxicology or a related field;
- 1-3 years of work experience in risk assessments related to contaminated sites or standards setting is considered an asset;
- Background in Human Health Risk Assessment, Environmental Toxicology, and some understanding of Ontario and Canadian environmental policies/guidelines/regulations pertaining to contaminated sites;
- Excellent data research skills with both conventional and electronic literature combined with strong analytical, statistical and data management skills are required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) for the development of detailed technical spreadsheets;
- Attention to detail;
- Works well independently, as well as in a team environment; and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.