We are currently seeking an Total Rewards Coordinator to work out of our Kitchener office. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, Stephanie Dell, this position will be responsible for ensuring that our employees are engaged and aligned with our company values, culture and purpose. This position understands how to combine compensation, benefits and rewards programs into an offering that will attract, retain and engage the right people. This position will also play an important role in supporting initiatives that enhance the employee experience, employee engagement and overall culture.
- Support our objectives of creating an exceptional employee experience that enables the company to engage with the talent needed to transform and grow the business;
- Analyze all existing programs and strategize enhancements that will further improve morale, retention and employee performance and employee engagement. This includes compensation, benefit programs, career development, work arrangements and other incentives that represent the values at MTE;
- Enhance our existing recognition program to reflect the needs and interest of our employees;
- Generate and implement ideas that support a cohesive and empowered culture;
- Maintain a pulse on employee morale and engagement, continuously identifying opportunities to create an engaged workforce;
- Undertake initiatives to strengthen corporate and internal communications, including development of various key messages, memos to employees, videos and communication plans;
- Advocate for employees to ensure messaging is accessible and relevant, and factors in their perspective;
- Work with the HR Team to oversee the development, distribution and analysis of employee engagement surveys, including the formation of survey objectives, the implementation of the survey process, and the analysis and presentation of the survey results;
- Partner with other corporate services groups and committees to plan and execute companywide social events and activities; and
- Successfully build strong working relationships in a functional environment across key stakeholder groups, such as business leaders, as well as frontline employees and managers.
- Prior experience delivering communication to employees using engaging and creative communication tactics and media;
- Experience creating employee engagement initiatives, employee experiences and events;
- Ability to partner with managers and leaders to execute programs that deliver employee engagement;
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with both staff and leadership and get up to speed on organizational structure, culture, programs, policies, etc;
- Strong project management and time management skills and the ability to quickly shift priorities based on business needs;
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a diverse environment;
- Demonstrated experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with some experience in inclusion strategies; and
- Strong verbal, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Human Resources;
- Currently holds the CHRL/CHRP designation, or actively working towards the designation; and
- 3-5 years of experience working directly on engagement and recognition initiatives, with a total of 7-10 years in HR in a Generalist capacity.