We are currently on the hunt for a Tender Services Coordinator to join our team in Kitchener!
Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
The Tender Services Coordinator is responsible to ensure tender and bid processes are managed according to established standards. This may include, but not be limited to, developing tender documents, preparing preliminary and tender estimates, preparing letter of credit estimates in various municipality formats, coordination of tenders from initial distribution to completion and submission and liaising with key members of the business as appropriate, to ensure relevant information is gathered.
- Logging of all tender proposals and distribution to relevant parties, working to strict deadlines;
- Updating and maintaining the tender documents database and relevant materials, ensuring all information is accurately recorded;
- Preparing and monitoring of tender notification documentation;
- Liaising with key members of the industry as appropriate, to ensure relevant information is gathered for the tender and estimate process;
- Producing and formatting tender documentation;
- Collating and recording tender feedback, completing and issuing tender addendums in response to received tender related questions;
- Preparation of final tender submissions, preparation of tender analysis, and coordination of tender delivery to the contractor and client;
- Preparing cost estimates for preliminary and final design. Producing Schedule ‘D’ and ‘E’ estimates for Engineering approval;
- Work with the Manager to provide feedback to designers regarding constructability review;
- Prepare tender take-off drawings to quantify tender items using AutoCAD;
- Communicate with Construction Services team with regards to change notices, drawing/ tender clarifications;
- Prepare change notices for Contractor pricing and client approval;
- Visit sites during pre-tender and during the tender period, as required; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 2-5 years related working experience;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication, and comprehension skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical ability;
- Familiarity with Construction Link Estimating Software would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of applicable regulations and legislation, related to construction projects;
- Good working knowledge of administration processes, ideally gained through working with tender administration systems and procedures;
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD software; and
- Possess a valid G drivers license.