MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Technologist, Indoor Environments to work out of our Burlington office.
- Responsible for a broad range of assessment activities including asbestos, designated substances and hazardous materials, construction related infection control, mould, indoor air quality and industrial/occupational hygiene;
- Assisting with Phase I & II environmental site assessments, as well as other environmental remediation projects (where required);
- Collecting samples pertaining to the above noted assessments, including submission to laboratories for analysis;
- Conducting site work associated with the monitoring of hazardous material abatement projects (i.e. asbestos, mould), including inspection of contractor activities and collection of air samples;
- Preparing technical reports detailing the findings and recommendations from on-site inspections;
- Maintaining quality control by ensuring accuracy in reporting, sample collections and laboratory submissions. This may include reviewing and/or supporting work completed by more junior staff;
- Preparation of proposals for the above-noted project types;
- Maintenance and development of new and existing client relationships;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Work related travel expenses will be compensated;
- Evening and weekend work will be required from time to time; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in construction technology, environmental technology, sciences, industrial/occupational hygiene, or a related field;
- 0-3 years of experience in a similar role is required (work term experience acceptable);
- Eligible for certification with the Board of Canadian Registered Safety Professionals (BCRSP), American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) or Canadian Board of Registered Occupational Hygienists (CBROH) would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulation 490/09, Ontario Regulation 278/05, indoor air quality guidelines and mould remediation guidelines is required;
- Proven ability to read and prepare technical specifications, drawings and reports;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Proficiency with AutoCAD would be considered an asset;
- Attention to detail;
- Works well independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Strong time management skills; and
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.