Our Surveying team in Kitchener is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Surveyor to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting field surveys and related office work using GPS and total station equipment, ensuring project criteria is adhered to and well documented. As a Surveyor at MTE, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of engineering projects completing various assignments including topographic surveys and construction layouts.
Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Assist with the completion of topographic surveys and construction layouts of underground services, roads, grading, and buildings;
- Assist with preparation of survey notes, grade sheets and calculations;
- Communicate with other surveyors and contractors to complete survey tasks;
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated;
- Download field survey data and make records ready for processing and documentation;
- CAD drafting for civil engineering projects, as needed; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent;
- 1-5 years of experience in a similar role (including co-cop experience);
- Experienced with Auto CAD/ Civil 3D;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Familiarity with laser/optical levels, total stations and GPS survey equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills;
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license; and
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet contractor hours and project deadlines.