We are currently seeking new graduates join our team as Articling Students, across four MTE offices locations including Burlington, Kitchener, London, and Stratford Ontario. This position reports directly to a Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Working as a key member of the Ontario Land Surveying team, the Surveyor conducts on site work including boundary retracement, SRPRs, Reference Plans, Subdivisions, Condos as well as construction layouts, topographic surveys throughout Southwestern Ontario;
- Download and analyze field results in CAD, preparing data for the drafting team;
- Assist with preparation of survey documents, including clear and concise legal field notes;
- Work closely with a team of surveyors, engineers and technologists to deliver land survey and engineering projects including Reference Plans, Subdivision Plans, Plans of Condominium, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and other Plans of Survey;
- Research project-related background information, Land Registry Office Title searching and contact appropriate reviewing agencies where required;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Geomatics Engineering;
- Pursuing licensed land surveyor designation;
- Knowledge of surveying and engineering principles and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and surveying, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software, or other drafting/graphic software, as specified by the Division; and
- Access to a vehicle for work related travel is required. Our clients take us across southwestern Ontario, with the majority of our projects being in the Waterloo Region, Stratford and London areas.