We are looking for Ontario Land Surveyors and Articling Students to join our Kitchener, Stratford and Burlington offices. This team works with our internal engineering teams and external clients on private and public projects in our communities.
Join a growing surveying group and be a part of the team that is working on some of the most exciting projects in your community.
Are you someone that:
- Is passionate about the role that an OLS has on design and construction projects.
- Wants to work with a dedicated and supportive team of surveying and engineering professionals.
- Wants to contribute to projects happening in your community.
MTE has over 50 Surveying Professionals in four offices: Over 20 Surveyors, 4 Survey Crew Chiefs, 8 Project Manager, 12 CAD Technologists. The team works together to produce Reference Plans, Subdivision Plans, Plans of Condominium, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and other Plans of Survey for projects across Ontario.
You will also be part of a team of civil, structural and environmental engineering professionals who value to information and advice of our in-house surveying professionals. MTE also has a solid reputation in engineering and surveying industries, which leads to many opportunities to collaborate with new clients and build new relationships.
Who do we work for?
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! The engineering and surveying teams has long-term relationships with many architects, developers, municipalities and contractors.
Why is the role important?
Surveyors are the heroes that Engineers need! Our team appreciates and has respect for the important role of Surveyors on a project. They whole-heartedly believe that every project starts with accurate survey data and they rely on that data until completion. It is our in-house surveying professionals that provides them the information to complete projects successfully.
Why is employee-ownership a “big deal” at MTE?
Anyone who works at MTE has the ability to become a shareholder, regardless of position. With over 120 shareholders, many of our staff have ownership in the company. This is a large group of people at all levels of the company that has a vested interest in the firm’s success beyond just being an employee.
For our culture this means that management is transparent with employees about financial results and strategic plans. In turn, staff are engaged in the operations and success of the company and their team.
What makes MTE different than other workplaces?
MTE is about three things …. People, people, people. Our staff, our clients and our partners.
Not every engineering firm is the same, it is truly is the people that make the difference. MTE is an employee owned company, and ownership is available to all staff. We care a great deal about our clients and each other.
These are some of the reasons we like working together:
“I’m very lucky to have an awesome team who always has each other’s backs, personally and professionally.”
“MTE offers solution-based engineering in a cooperative and collaborative environment, with senior staff that is ready, willing and able to help.”
“We use our knowledge and resources to do more than just engineering, but also to help the community around us along with making a safe and fun community.”
“MTE has an inclusive and flexible work environment that encourages and helps employees to follow their personal career goals within the opportunities available.”
- Work closely with a team of surveyors, engineers and technologists to deliver land survey and engineering projects including Reference Plans, Subdivision Plans, Plans of Condominium, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and other Plans of Survey;
- Research project-related background information, Land Registry Office Title searching and contact appropriate reviewing agencies where required;
- Oversee, prepare and review a variety of survey documents;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals;
- Report directly to our Manager of Legal Surveys; and
- Other related duties as assumed by an OLS, as assigned.
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor in good standing with the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors with preferably 3+ years of experience;
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and surveying, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software, or other drafting/graphic software, as specified by the Division; and
- Access to a vehicle for work related travel is required. Our clients take us across southwestern Ontario, with the majority of our projects being in the Waterloo Region, Stratford and London areas.