MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Survey Technician to work out of our London office.
- Responsible for assisting the Survey Party Chief in successfully completing the field work on assigned jobs in accordance with the industry regulations and MTE OLS procedures and technical standards;
- Assist the Survey Party Chief with data preparation, measurements and calculations, communicating any issues, errors or concerns back to the Party Chief;
- Operate and set up survey equipment/instruments including levels, Total Stations, data collectors, GPS etc.;
- Inspect and maintain field equipment;
- Ensure a clean and orderly work environment;
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Regulations; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a Geomatics Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar survey role;
- Experience with survey instrument operation;
- Experience with Trimble Business Centre, and other survey calculation software;
- Working knowledge of laser/optical levels, total stations and GPS survey equipment;
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines in both a team environment and independently;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for work related travel;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, to meet contractor hours and project deadlines;
- Will be required to work in varying weather conditions outdoors and will be required to carry survey equipment including but not limited to Total stations, levels, bars and stakes; and
- Desire to article as an O.L.S. in the future.