We are currently seeking a Survey Crew Chief to work within our Legal Surveying Group out of our Stratford office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
MTE values our staff and recognizes that our work; it speaks for itself. This is the place to be if you desire a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
- Working as a key member of the OLS team, conducting on site work including boundary retracement, SRPRs, Reference Plans, Subdivisions, Condos as well as construction layouts, topographic surveys throughout the western GTA;
- Download and analyzing field results in CAD to prepare the data for the drafting team;
- Assist with preparation of survey documents, including clear concise legal field notes; and
- Mentoring junior staff.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in legal, construction and engineering surveying;
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles;
- Experience with GPS systems (Leica and Trimble) as well as robotic total stations;
- Strong ability to work independently yet integrate with the survey team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven leadership skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- CET, CST designation or related experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel; and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.