Our Surveying team in Kitchener is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Surveyor to join us.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting field surveys and related office work using GPS and total station equipment, ensuring project criteria is adhered to and well documented. As a Surveyor at MTE, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of engineering projects completing various assignments including topographic surveys and construction layouts.
Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Complete accurate topographic surveys for engineering design use;
- Carry out construction layout for underground services, roads, grading, and buildings;
- Preparation of survey notes, grade sheets and calculations;
- Communicate with surveyors and contractors to complete survey tasks;
- Communicate with Project Managers as to progress updates, scope changes, and other project impacts;
- Ensure equipment is maintained and calibrated;
- Provide guidance, leadership, and mentorship to junior surveyors;
- CAD drafting for civil engineering projects, as needed; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Experienced with Auto CAD/ Civil 3D;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Experience using laser/optical levels, total stations and GPS survey equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills;
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license; and
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet contractor hours and project deadlines.