We are looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to join our team in our London office.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity to advance their career and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
Why do others who work in this position like the role?
Our hydrogeologists enjoy collaborating, not only with experts in their field, but also with engineering professionals on complex projects. Our clients have observed that our team strives to be heavily involved with all aspects of projects to ensure we can provide our clients with quality performance, excellent customer service and diverse expertise.
“The projects I work on are unique and challenging. I’m always learning new things and applying my skills in each different project.”
What will be the best part of your day?
Working side by side with some of the best co-workers, collaborating on projects big and small. We like working together and we support each other in meeting deadlines, finding innovative solutions and answering questions.
What types of projects will you be working on?
As a multi-disciplinary firm, the work you will be doing will be varied. MTE’s client base includes various industries in both the private and public sectors, such as developers, municipalities, contractors and aggregate suppliers. One day you may be working on a Hydrogeology Study for a subdivision development in London. And on another day you’ll be collaborating with our geotechnical engineering team on a study to support a high-rise building in Toronto.
Who do we work for?
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! Our London office has long-term relationships with many developers, stakeholders and contractors. MTE also has a solid reputation in the civil, structural and environmental engineering fields, which leads to many opportunities to collaborate with new clients and build new relationships.
You may recognize the following projects, which have all benefitted from the knowledge and efforts of our hydrogeology teams in London:
- McMaster University Campus Master Plan
- Wallace Line Industrial Subdivision, Ingersoll
- Northwest Area 1 Sanitary Servicing, St. Thomas
- Hamilton Road Residential Subdivision, Dorchester
Where will I be working?
Our office is in downtown London, where you’ll have plenty of options for lunch and have the opportunity to enjoy the events and excitement of the area.
MTE’s London office opened in 2016, and has quickly grown to over 85 people since then. You will work next to civil, structural, environmental and geotechnical engineering professionals, as well as a team of surveyors. With so many different professionals working in the same office, collaboration is customary!
The office is also social and community-minded. They enjoy working together and have a history of supporting organizations such as Habitat for Humanity Heartland Ontario, Green Economy London and the London Food Bank.
Who will I be working with?
You will be a valued member of the London environmental team, which is comprised of over 15 professionals, including two hydrogeologists, five environmental engineering professionals, and 10 ecology and natural environment professionals.
You will also have access to the expertise of over 80 hydrogeological, and environmental and geotechnical engineering professionals, located in MTE’s other offices. This group includes professionals who have been working in the industry for over 35 years, and are just a call away whenever you need advice or input on a project, client or process.
We also have a team of 10 Professional Hydrogeologists. They will help you as you navigate this role, advocating for your success and your projects. They regularly collaborate on management and technical to ensure overall success of the project.
Have a question? Feel free to reach out to one them:
Why is employee-ownership a “big deal” at MTE?
MTE is about three things …. People, people, people. Our staff, our clients and our partners.
We get to work for some of the best clients. They value our work and appreciate the skills and experience of our staff. We also have a solid reputation with our agency peers, which results in positive experiences for our staff during the review and approvals processes.
Not every engineering firm is the same, it is truly the people that make the difference. MTE is an employee-owned company, and ownership is available to all staff. We care a great deal about our clients and each other.
These are some of the reasons we like working together:
“I’m very lucky to have an awesome team who always has each other’s backs, personally and professionally.”
“MTE has an inclusive and flexible work environment that encourages and helps employees to follow their personal career goals within the opportunities available.”
What will you be doing every day?
- Progressively assume increasing leadership and management of daily operations for the Hydrogeology Group in collaboration with existing leadership.
- Supervise, mentor and train hydrogeology staff.
- Perform project management and coordination duties to deliver projects on time and within budget, in accordance with the client needs and MTE quality standards.
- Technical review and/or preparation of technical reports for a variety of projects with a focus on providing cost effective and sustainable solutions for our clients.
- Senior review and/or preparation of various permits and regulatory approval applications, including PTTWs, EASRs and ECAs.
- Coordinate, manage and review field work and data analysis for various hydrogeological assessments.
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and other consultants as required.
- Procure work through preparation of proposals and participation in business development activities.
- Develop and implement market strategies to drive growth in the Hydrogeology Group, in collaboration with existing leadership and management.
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- Minimum of 8 years of hydrogeological consulting experience with at least 5 years of experience working in Ontario.
- Graduate-level university degree specializing in hydrogeology is preferred, although consideration will be given to strong candidates possessing a related B.Sc. degree, suitable work experience and/or additional certifications,
- Registered in Ontario as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) and a member in good standing.
- Suitable experience leading teams and providing supervision, mentorship and technical training to hydrogeology staff.
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of project management and delivery; a Project Management Professional designation considered an asset.
- A proven record of effective technical report writing and ability to provide senior editorial and technical review.
- Demonstrated strengths in developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Technical understanding of Ontario regulations and industry standard practices related to hydrogeological assessments.
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks and development approvals process.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other technical staff and disciplines.
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Show attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to health, safety and environmental management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook is essential, with other technical programs, including Aquifer Test, AquaChem, Hydro GeoAnalyst, considered an asset.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work outside of standard business hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.