We are currently seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist to lead our growing Hydrogeology Group, operating within our Environmental Division in Burlington.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity to advance their career and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams.
Our hydrogeologists enjoy collaborating, not only with experts in their field, but also with engineering professionals on complex projects. Our clients have observed that our team strives to be heavily involved with all aspects of projects to ensure we can provide our clients with quality performance, excellent customer service and diverse expertise.
About the role
What will be the best part of your day?
Working side by side with some of the best co-workers, collaborating on projects big and small. We like working together and we support each other in meeting deadlines, finding innovative solutions and answering questions.
What types of projects will you be working on?
As a multi-disciplinary firm, the work you will be doing will be varied. MTE’s client base includes various industries in both the private and public sectors, such as developers, municipalities, contractors and aggregate suppliers. One day you may be working on a Hydrogeology Study for a subdivision development. And on another day you’ll be collaborating with our geotechnical engineering team on a study to support a high-rise building.
Who do we work for?
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! Our Burlington office has long-term relationships with many developers, stakeholders and contractors. MTE also has a solid reputation in the civil, structural and environmental engineering fields, which leads to many opportunities to collaborate with new clients and build new relationships.
Where will I be working?
Our Burlington office is located off the QEW, and is easy to access for those coming from all areas in and around Burlington.
With over 90 people, Burlington is MTE’s second largest office and has been growing since opening over 20 years ago. Although hydrogeology is your focus, you will have the ability to collaborate with environmental, structural, civil engineering, and surveying professionals. With so many different professionals working in the same office, collaboration is customary!
Not every engineering firm is the same, it is truly the people that make the difference. MTE is an employee owned company, and ownership is available to all staff. We care a great deal about our clients and each other.
These are some of the reasons we like working together:
“I’m very lucky to have an awesome team who always has each other’s backs, personally and professionally.”
“MTE has an inclusive and flexible work environment that encourages and helps employees to follow their personal career goals within the opportunities available.”
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Develop and implement market strategies to drive growth in the Hydrogeology Group, in collaboration with existing leadership and management
- Senior level technical review of hydrogeology reports, documents and deliverables;
- Supervise, mentor and train hydrogeology staff;
- Perform project management and coordination duties to deliver projects on time and within budget, in accordance with the client needs and MTE quality standards;
- Preparation of technical reports for a variety of projects with a focus on providing cost effective and sustainable solutions for our clients;
- Preparation of various permits and regulatory approval applications, including PTTWs, EASRs and ECAs;
- Coordinate, manage and review field work and data analysis for various hydrogeological assessments;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, stakeholders, and other consultants as required;
- Procurement of work through preparation of proposals and participation in business development activities;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 15+ years of hydrogeological consulting experience, with at least 5 years of experience working in Ontario, is preferred;
- Graduate level university degree specializing in hydrogeology is preferred although consideration will be given to strong candidates possessing a related B.Sc. degree, suitable work experience and/or additional certifications;
- Registered in Ontario as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) and a member in good standing;
- Suitable experience as a Senior Technical Reviewer, leading teams and providing supervision, mentorship and technical training to hydrogeology staff;
- Demonstrated success in all aspects of project management and delivery, with a Project Management Professional designation considered an asset;
- A proven record of effective technical report writing and ability to provide senior editorial and technical review;
- Demonstrated strengths in developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, government agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Technical understanding of Ontario regulations and industry standard practices related to hydrogeological assessments;
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks and development approvals process;
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other technical staff and disciplines;
- Possess strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Show attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to health, safety and environmental management;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook is essential, with other technical programs, including Aquifer Test, AquaChem, Hydro GeoAnalyst, considered an asset;
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work outside of standard business hours; and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.