We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer or Senior Professional Geoscientist to work out of our Burlington office.
- Providing leadership and technical input for Phase I/One and Phase II/Two Environmental Site Assessments (CSA Standard and O.Reg 153/04), and Remediation Programs;
- Filing MECP Records of Site Condition as the Qualified Person;
- Project Management for environmental and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Preparing and reviewing work plans and cost estimates and acting as technical lead on RFP submissions;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies and contractors;
- Technical and quality review of environmental reports and other documents to ensure compliance with client and project objectives, regulatory requirements and technical standards;
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff;
- Develop technical knowledge within the Environmental Division, including staff training and development and Standard Operation Procedures;
- Be engaged in the environmental consulting industry and aware of emerging trends, MECP expectations and regulatory changes;
- Perform business development activities, manage projects and clients; and
- Other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or Geoscience/Earth Science;
- 10-15+ years of relevant post-graduation experience;
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario or Association of Professional Geoscientists (P.Eng. or P.Geo designation);
- Qualified Person, Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA), with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of O.Reg.153/04 and Record of Site Condition filing experience;
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standard environmental site assessment practices and processes;
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills (written and verbal) is essential;
- Understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology;
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks, and planning development approvals process;
- Legal project experience would be considered an asset;
- Vapour Intrusion Assessment and Risk Assessment experience would be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act; and
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc.).