We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer or Senior Professional Geoscientist to work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Providing leadership and technical input for Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (CSA Standard and O.Reg 153/04), and Remediation Programs;
- Project Management for environmental and multi-disciplinary projects;
- Preparing and reviewing work plans and cost estimates and acting as technical lead on RFP submissions;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies and contractors;
- Technical and quality review of environmental reports and other documents to ensure compliance with client and project objectives, regulatory requirements and technical standards;
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff;
- Develop technical knowledge within the Environmental Division, including staff training and development and Standard Operation Procedures;
- Be engaged in the environmental consulting industry and aware of emerging trends, MECP expectations and regulatory changes;
- Perform business development activities, manage projects and clients; and
- Other related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or Geoscience/Earth Science;
- 10-15+ years of relevant post-graduation experience;
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario or Association of Professional Geoscientists (P.Eng. or P.Geo designation);
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills (written and verbal) is essential;
- Qualified Person, Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA), with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of O.Reg.153/04 and Record of Site Condition filing experience an asset;
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standard environmental site assessment practices and processes;
- Understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology;
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks, and planning development approvals process;
- Legal project experience would be considered an asset;
- Vapour Intrusion Assessment and Risk Assessment experience would be considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act; and
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc.).