MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Responsible for various activities relating to environmental permitting and compliance projects including: Approvals under Section 9 of the Environmental Protection Act (EPA) specifically Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECAs) and Environmental Activity and Sector Registrations (EASRs); National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) reporting; and Environmental Compliance Auditing;
- Assist with marketing initiatives;
- Lead business development for the group
- Prepare proposals, work plans and cost estimates (including Request for Proposal submissions);
- Plan, initiate, monitor and control projects;
- Conduct field visits, site inspections and air dispersion modelling;
- Prepare technical reports;
- Conduct QA/QC reviews;
- Manage project financials and prepare invoices (project closeout);
- Manage client relationships;
- Liaise with regulatory agencies, contractors and sub-consultants;
- Support the development of the group, including input into staff training/development and updating standard operating procedures;
- Manage aspects of the service line; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or Engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of relevant and applicable work experience including management;
- Working knowledge of typical emission sources, atmospheric dispersion modelling (AERMOD, ASHRAE, etc.), properties of gases and vapours;
- Knowledge of auxiliary equipment (hoods, ducts, fans, etc.) would be considered an asset;
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation applicable for Ontario, including provincial and federal acts/regulations, municipal by-laws, and guidelines;
- Must have strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals (e.g., regulator, staff and clients);
- Must be reliable, well organized and have a strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, problem solving skills and decision making abilities; and
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation.