We are currently looking for a Senior CAD Technologist to join our Civil Engineering team in Burlington.
- Responsible for creating preliminary and final approval drawings for Land Development projects. Typical projects include (but are not limited to) grading and servicing plans, stormwater management plans, profiles, sections and detail drawings;
- Responsible for civil engineering design, including interpretation of red lines;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Perform site inspections, as needed;
- Assist and mentor junior CAD staff, as required; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Extensive experience with Auto CAD/Civil 3D (Auto CAD version 2018 or newer an asset);
- E.T. designation, or working towards C.E.T. designation;
- Project coordination and/or surveying experience would be an asset;
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Strong understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Proven record of completing work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Experience working in an engineering related work environment preferred; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for work related travel.