MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We strive to be “The Empowering Expert” to our clients through our processes and strategies. In this mode of service delivery, we apply our expertise to serve our clients’ needs while we coach them and provide guidance to make educated decisions and communicate with their Stakeholders. Our success is defined by our clients’ success, as we develop an awareness of their key drivers and areas of risk. We strive for our clients to feel like no one else understands them or their buildings as well as we do, and no one else will be as dedicated to them.
The Project Principal is the go-to person for clients and will help build long-term relationships. This position will help grow the business through building internal knowledge systems and training our excellent team of junior engineers. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in building science and structural restoration, including knowledge in roofing, waterproofing, structural rehabilitation, masonry, windows, curtain walls, sealants, EIFS, and site pavements, and other cladding systems. The successful candidate has experience leading project teams with multiple levels of staff, as well as peer reviewing designs, specifications and reports. We are not currently considering candidates with most of their experience in condition assessments or Bulletin 19 at this time.
- Act as technical lead and senior peer reviewer on projects and be responsible for technical review of documents produced by other project managers and junior staff;
- Undertake investigations and prepare technical reports for parking garages, roofing, building envelope, leakage assessments;
- Prepare specifications and manage tendering process;
- Procure new projects and clients through identifying business development opportunities and leading proposal efforts;
- Attend industry events and help increase MTE’s technical profile in the industry;
- Contribute to development of internal technical practice systems and training of junior staff;
- Expedite projects from inception through the investigation, specification and construction stage;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables and be responsible for the financial health of the project;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and to develop lasting client relationships;
- Responsible for managing project risks;
- Manage deliverable compliance;
- This position is based within MTE’s Burlington office. Travel to project sites across southwestern Ontario and in the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area is required. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Post-Secondary Education in Engineering or Architectural Technology;
- Minimum of +10 years of related experience as a consultant in building science;
- Eng. designation is preferred, but experienced practitioners with other professional designations will be considered;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player approach to problem solving; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license.