We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Land Development team to work out of our Kitchener office.
This team creates civil engineering solutions for greenfield and brownfield development projects in Waterloo Region, as well as sites around Ontario.
Working with the best clients and consulting teams means we also get to work on the best projects! The team transform our cities and towns into welcoming, vibrant and healthy communities. We feel fortunate to be able to contribute and positively influence the space around us for our neighbours, families and friends.
- Responsible for the planning, executing and delivery of land development projects, ensuring the project is within budget and on schedule while managing the clients’ expectations;
- Procure new projects and clients by identifying business development opportunities, understanding industry and development in the Region of Waterloo, leading proposal efforts including completing project scoping and RFP assessments;
- Manage day-to-day client interactions, communicate effectively with clients and internal/external project teams, and continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction;
- Managing project execution by providing direction to the project team, appropriately scheduling time and acting as main point of contact between internal and external project teams;
- Managing project financials including invoicing, progress payment certificates, collecting accounts receivables and managing project budgets
- Participate in business development activities;
- Attendance at project meetings; and
- Other duties; as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Professional designation (P.Eng. preferred);
- Understanding of the subdivision process;
- Technical understanding of applicable government technical standards and general engineering practices, processes, and legislative regulations;
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management, multi tasking and organizational skills; and
- Strong attention to detail.