Our Environmental team in Kitchener is growing and we are seeking a Project Manager to join our Hydrogeology team.
- Prepare work plans and cost estimates for hydrogeological investigations related to land development, site development or pit or quarry applications;
- Responsible for coordinating field activities associated with hydrogeological investigations, surface water assessments, water supply studies, Permits To Take Water;
- Provide technical input regarding hydrogeological issues on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Actively manage projects to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met;
- Review project scope and budget on a regular basis;
- Business development activities;
- Contractor coordination;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Geology/Hydrogeology, Earth Sciences or Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent) is considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the environmental consulting industry related to hydrogeological studies;
- Experience completing hydrogeological investigations for land development, site development and/or pit or quarry applications;
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, Aggregate Resources Act and other applicable federal and provincial acts, regulations, and guidelines) and general engineering / hydrogeological practices and processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of construction dewatering;
- Knowledge of groundwater and surface water interactions;
- Knowledge of soil and bedrock classification;
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Word and Excel);
- Attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed; and
- Valid G License.