MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We strive to be “The Empowering Expert” to our clients through our processes and strategies. In this mode of service delivery, we apply our expertise to serve our clients’ needs while we coach them and provide guidance to make educated decisions and communicate with their Stakeholders. Our success is defined by our clients’ success, as we develop an awareness of their key drivers and areas of risk. We strive for our clients to feel like no one else understands them or their buildings as well as we do, and no one else will be as dedicated to them.
The Project Manager of Building Restoration is the go-to person for clients and will help build long-term relationships. This position will help grow the business through building internal knowledge systems and training our excellent team of junior engineers. The ideal candidate is well-rounded in building science and structural restoration, including knowledge in roofing, waterproofing, structural rehabilitation, masonry, windows, curtain walls, sealants, EIFS, and site pavements, and other cladding systems. The successful candidate will possess strong technical, verbal and written communication skills. This position is also responsible for invoicing and monitoring the financial health of the project budgets, both internally and externally.
- Procure new projects and clients through identifying business development opportunities and leading proposal efforts;
- Contribute to development of internal technical practice systems and training of junior staff;
- Undertake investigations and prepare technical reports for parking garages, roofing, building envelope, leakage, building condition assessments;
- Prepare specifications and manage tendering process;
- Expedite projects from inception through the investigation, specification and construction stage;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables and be responsible for the financial health of the project;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develop lasting client relationships;
- This position is based within MTE’s Burlington office, with opportunity to work from the Kitchener office as required. Travel to project sites across southwestern Ontario is required. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Building Science or Structural Restoration;
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience as a consultant in building science and restoration engineering;
- Eng. designation or P.Eng. pending is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role, including technical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player approach to problem solving;
- Experience with energy modelling is an asset, but not required;
- Experience working at heights; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license.