As a Project Manager we want you to be the go-to person for your clients and help us build long-term relationships. Our Building Restoration team is a small group (15 total) and you can help grow our business by building our internal knowledge systems and training our excellent staff of junior engineers. We are looking for people who are well-rounded in building science and structural restoration. This would include knowledge in roofing, waterproofing, structural rehabilitation, masonry, windows, curtain walls, sealants, EIFS, and site pavements, and other cladding systems. We need strong technical people who are great writers and communicators in order to achieve our role as described above. As Project Manager, you will also be responsible for invoicing and monitoring the financial health of the project budgets, both internally and externally.
- Procure new projects and clients through identifying business development opportunities and leading proposal efforts;
- Contribute to development of internal technical practice systems and training of junior staff;
- Undertake investigations and prepare technical reports for parking garages, roofing, building envelope, leakage, building condition assessments;
- Prepare specifications and manage tendering process;
- Expedite projects from inception through the investigation, specification and construction stage;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing, monitor receivables and be responsible for the financial health of the project;
- Through project management you continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and to develop lasting client relationships;
- This position is based within MTE’s Burlington office, with opportunity to work from the Kitchener office as required. Travel to project sites across southwestern Ontario is required. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Building Science or Structural Restoration;
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience as a consultant in building science and restoration engineering;
- Eng. designation or P.Eng. pending is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role, including technical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player approach to problem solving;
- Experience with energy modelling is an asset, but not required;
- Must not be afraid of heights; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license.