We strive to be “The Empowering Expert” to our clients and all of our processes and strategies support this. In this mode of service delivery, we apply our expertise to serve our clients’ needs while we coach them and give them guidance to make educated decisions and communicate with their Stakeholders. Our success is defined by our clients’ success, which means that we need to develop an awareness of their key drivers and areas of risk. At the end of the day, we want all of our clients to feel that no one understands them or their buildings as well as we do and that no one works harder for them than we do.
About the role
As Project Manager, we want you to be the go-to person for your clients and help us build long-term relationships. We are a small group (10 total) and you can help grow our business by building our internal knowledge systems and training our excellent staff of junior engineers. We are looking for people who are well-rounded in building science and restoration. This would include knowledge in roofing, waterproofing, structural rehabilitation, masonry, windows, curtain walls, sealants, EIFS, and site pavements, and other cladding systems. We need strong technical people who are great writers and communicators in order to achieve our role as described above. You will also be responsible for invoicing and monitoring the financial health of the project budgets, both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with specialization in Building Science or Structural Restoration;
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience as a consultant in building science and restoration engineering
- Eng. designation or P.Eng. pending
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player approach to problem solving;
- Must not be afraid of heights; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license.