We are currently seeking a Ontario Land Surveyor to work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
MTE values our staff and recognizes that our work; it speaks for itself. This is the place to be if you desire a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
- Work closely with a team of surveyors, engineers and technologists to deliver land survey and engineering projects including Reference Plans, Subdivision Plans, Plans of Condominium, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and other Plans of Survey;
- Research project-related background information, Land Registry Office Title searching and contact appropriate reviewing agencies where required;
- Oversee, prepare and review a variety of survey documents;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals;
- Report directly to our Manager of Legal Surveys; and
- Other related duties as assumed by an OLS, as assigned.
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor in good standing with the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors with preferably 3+ years of experience;
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and surveying, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D software, or other drafting/graphic software, as specified by the Division; and
- Access to a vehicle for work related travel is required. Our clients take us across southwestern Ontario, with the majority of our projects being in the Waterloo Region, Stratford and London areas.