MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Marketing/Proposal Coordinator to work as a member of our Marketing and Business Development team out of any of our 4 offices.
About the role
As an integral member of our team, the Marketing/Proposal Coordinator will take an active role in our hunt for bid opportunities and wins, while reporting directly to Laurie Stephens, our Marketing Manager.
Do you thrive on the thrill of tight deadlines?
Would you say you’re a master of time management?
Are you up for the challenge of coordinating multiple offices and teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
In a nutshell, you will be in the driver’s seat of MTE’s proposal process. You will produce winning proposals that get to the root of the client’s needs and expectations. From the moment a Request for Proposal (RFP) hits your desk, you’ll coordinate the development of that proposal from inception to the moment it’s submitted to the client.
But you’re not on your own, proposals require you to collaborate and gather input from internal and external people to produce and finalize technical content and graphics. You own the proposal process; overseeing submissions that include multiple team members means taking on a strong leadership role to keep everyone involved on track and on time.
In order to ensure the content in each proposal reads well and is grammatically correct, you’ll use your above-average editing skills to polish and fine-tune the final product.
When there is a lull in Proposal activity, there will be a lot of opportunities to take on other duties, as assigned or otherwise, to help drive success and fulfill our team’s goals. Our marketing team tracks and measures business metrics and success outcomes; leads our internal communications efforts; works closely with business development staff to build business and keeps our website and marketing materials active and current. We work with the entire organization in our 4 offices to ensure our brand is understood internally and presented externally in accordance with MTE’s Brand Manifesto.
This team member should have:
- Experience in a marketing role with substantial proposal coordination experience;
- A College Diploma or University Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or a related discipline;
- Eye-catching graphic design talent and experience;
- Ability and confidence to influence and direct professional staff to produce material within tight timelines
- An understanding of computer applications including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office;
- A passion for organization and superior ability to catch small details in copy-heavy documents;
- A creative mind that understands how to craft and effectively use marketing copy in proposal submissions;
- A team approach and understanding that all duties are important and responsibility is shared; and
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.