Our OLS team provides a variety of legal and engineering surveying solutions to our clients in the Kitchener-Waterloo Region and we are currently seeking a Manager to lead this team to success.
Leading our Kitchener OLS team, in this role you will be supported by all 200 people working out of our Kitchener office. The in-house expertise of this office includes civil, structural and environmental engineering; hydrogeology, surveying and designated substance consulting.
At MTE, if you have a goal, we will help you achieve it. When you join our team you’ll be met with an environment that fosters relationships, empowers you to grow professionally, and is a driver of change within our community.
- Develop and execute annual business plans for OLS Kitchener;
- Monitor financial performance including revenue, gross margin and income;
- Prepare monthly status reports and meet regularly with the Operations Director;
- Promote effective team work within the division and facilitate resolution of issues/problems;
- Oversee the delivery of projects working collaboratively with your team, clients and agencies;
- Mentoring staff including conducting mid-year and annual performance reviews;
- Monitor team utilization as well as WIP, AR and write-downs and work with the team to address deficiencies;
- Collaborate with Technical Practice leaders and others Division Managers to promote technical excellence, project management and consistency across the firm;
- Lead team of surveyors, engineers and technologists to deliver land survey and engineering projects including Reference Plans, Subdivision Plans, Plans of Condominium, Surveyor’s Real Property Reports, and other Plans of Survey;
- Assign project work and lead scheduling activities;
- Foster relationships with our existing client and build relationships with new ones;
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and business development activities;
- Manage individual projects;
- Oversee, prepare and review a variety of survey documents;
- Provide technical assistance and input on projects, for the purpose of ensuring delivery of a consistent, quality product to the client;
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions; and
- Other related duties, as assigned
- A degree in Geomatics Engineering or Civil Engineering (or equivalent);
- Licensed Ontario Land Surveyor with the Association of Ontario Land Surveyors would be considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing staff and creating/managing budgets;
- Leadership skills with strong focus on business processes and the ability to motivate, coach and mentor staff;
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and surveying, and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Understanding of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance and contracts;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability;
- Excellent attention to detail and sound independent judgment and decision making skills;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, staff, and clients, and a “team player” approach to management, design and problem solving.