Our Civil Engineering team brings countless sites to life across the Greater Toronto Area and we are currently looking for a Manager who will continue leading this talented group to further success.
Working out of our Burlington office, this role involves the management of land and site development projects, the procurement of new projects and clients through business development tactics. In this role, you will be met with new and exciting challenges every day as no two projects look the same.
Additionally, as the leader of this team, you will be responsibility of the overall management of staff and financial accountability of the group. With staff at all levels of their career, you will always feel supported as we put an emphasis on collaboration and work together to succeed.
- Overseeing the design and delivery of small to large scale land development projects working collaboratively with your team, your clients and approval agencies to find the right solutions;
- Providing leadership to a group of high performing Technologists, Design Engineers and Project Managers;
- Mentoring staff including mid-year and annual performance reviews;
- Establishing annual business plans and revenue targets for your team;
- Tracking the financial performance of your team on a weekly and monthly basis and be ready to adjust priorities in order to meet corporate goals;
- Monitoring team utilization and work with team to address productivity concerns;
- Fostering relationships with our existing clients and building relationships with new ones;
- Producing high quality engineering proposals to showcase your team and secure new work;
- Assigning project work to members of your team and leading the weekly scheduling activities;
- Managing individual projects in the role of a Project Manager & stamping engineer; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Possess a degree in Civil Engineering combined with a P.Eng. designation and a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience including both Project and Team Management;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to Land Development projects;
- Provide technical assistance and input on projects, for the purpose of ensuring delivery of a consistent, quality solution to our clients;
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions for design completed by your team;
- Pay attention to detail and possess sound independent judgment and decision making skills;
- Be able to competently prepare technical reports to support the consulting work produced by team;
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, staff, agencies and clients;
- Command a “team player” approach to management, design and problem solving; and
- Hold strong time management and organizational skills.