We are currently seeking a Junior Survey Crew Chief to work within our Legal Surveying Group out of our Burlington office.
MTE values our staff and recognizes that our work; it speaks for itself. This is the place to be if you desire a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships. Our survey crews are fully equipped with the latest total-station and Global Positioning System (GPS) survey equipment. As a result, we are able to provide a variety of legal and engineering surveying services to our clients in Burlington, Kitchener, London, Stratford, and the surround areas.
- Working as a member of the OLS team, conducting on site work including boundary retracement, Subdivisions, construction layouts, topographic surveys throughout the Greater Hamilton Area;
- Download and analyzing field results in CAD to prepare the data for the drafting team;
- Assist with preparation of survey documents, including clear concise legal field notes;
- Operate and maintain precision field equipment;
- Conduct topographic surveys, including obtaining MH/CB inserts; and
- Receive training in Senior Crew Chief responsibilities.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in topographic, construction and engineering surveying;
- Strong knowledge of surveying and engineering principles;
- Experience with GPS systems (Leica and Trimble) and/or robotic total stations;
- Strong ability to work independently yet integrate with the survey team;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- CET, CST designation or related experience is an asset;
- Working knowledge of CAD, Outlook, Word, and Excel is an asset; and
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.