Our Civil Engineering team brings countless sites to life within our communities and we have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team as a Junior Designer.
Working out of our Stratford office and reporting to Civil Engineering Manager, Jamie Dick, you will work alongside a driven and close-knit team who strongly support and care about your development. Our employees are key to who we are and what we do. As a result, we strive to provide an environment that fosters relationships, enables professional growth, and is the catalyst to change in the community.
- Perform civil engineering design and drafting related to site plan and land development projects. Including grading design, storm and sanitary design, and stormwater management modeling;
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and convey design information to CAD staff for drafting completion;
- Executes under direct supervision of senior engineers and continues development of career by working on various technical assignments;
- Field review of construction projects, as needed; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- Pursuing C.E.T. or E.I.T. designation is considered an asset;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Experience with technical report writing; and
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D.