We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist based in our Burlington office. This is a junior or introductory position.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 35 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Preparing basic Survey Plans as directed by the OLS team, including property plans (SRPR), reference plans, topographic surveys, sketches, etc.;
- Basic survey calculations and ability to interpret basic plans and title documents;
- Downloading and processing GPS and total station sourced information and calculations;
- participate in project team meetings and maintaining accurate project records;
- Assisting survey crews with point plots and upload of layout data;
- Report CAD/calculation problems and issues to supervisor in a timely and effective manner; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in survey/Civil Engineering Technology, CAD program or equivalent;
- 1-3 years’ experience is appreciated. Recent grads of a CAD course will be considered (including co-op experience);
- Good understanding of geometry including coordinates and triangulation;
- Ability to read architectural and engineering plans and convert from Imperial to metric;
- Completes work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Understanding of Grid and ground coordinates;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.