MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Intermediate / Senior Environmental Engineer or Geoscientist to work out of our Burlington or Kitchener office.
- Design Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (in accordance with CSA Standards as well as Ontario Regulation 153/04), soil/groundwater remediation programs and spill response activities;
- File Records of Site Condition;
- Complete technical reviews of projects to ensure compliance with client objectives, regulatory requirements and technical standards (QA/QC assessment of data and reports);
- Provide technical input regarding environmental issues on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Prepare work plans and cost estimates and act as project technical lead;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies and contractors;
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to junior staff;
- Develop technical knowledge within the Division, including input into staff training and development/updating of standard operating procedures;
- Interact with staff on emerging trends in the environmental consulting industry, MOECC expectations, regulatory changes, etc;
- Perform business development activities, manage projects and clients; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, or Geology / Hydrogeology or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years of relevant post-graduation experience;
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. designation;
- Qualified Person, Environmental Site Assessment (QPESA);
- Experience with Brownfields / contaminated sites, remediation, environmental site assessment and transactional due diligence;
- Soil vapour assessment, Risk Assessment and/or environmental permitting / compliance experience would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of hydrogeology, contaminant transport and geology;
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (e.g. Ontario Regulation 153/04 and filing of Records of Site Condition) and general environmental engineering practices and processes;
- General understanding of construction practices, earthworks, and development approvals process;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Office, Project Management software, etc.);
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Strong time management and mentoring skills.