Our Structural Engineering team is on the hunt of an Inspector to join our team in Toronto.
- Provide quality assurance inspections for a variety of structural engineering projects including residential, commercial and industrial building structures in accordance with applicable Ontario building code standards and specifications, Municipal & Regional Standards and MTE specifications;
- Prepare inspection reports for review by the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer;
- Complete structural shop drawing reviews;
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and clients to trouble shoot and provide progress updates on projects;
- Respond to requests for information and prepare/issue site instructions;
- Liaise between the structural engineer (MTE) and the contractor; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- C.E.T., C. Tech designation;
- 0-3 years experience in similar role;
- Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings;
- Experience in structural design;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.