MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Inspector, Structural Engineering to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Provide quality assurance inspections for a variety of Structural Building projects, including but not limited to concrete reinforcing steel, cold formed steel framing, timber framing, structural steel, and masonry block walls in accordance with applicable Ontario building code standards and specifications, Municipal & Regional Standards and MTE specifications;
- Prepare inspection reports for review by the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer;
- Complete structural shop drawing reviews, as required;
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and clients to problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects;
- Respond to requests for information and prepare/issue site instructions;
- Construction Administration on behalf of the Building Structures Division;
- Liaise between the structural engineer (MTE) and the contractor; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Architectural Technology;
- Minimum 8-12 years related working experience;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.