MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
Within the Municipal Division, you will have a support system of senior staff to advise and assist with assigned duties, and provide valuable insights based on their experience.
- Conduct on site inspections of underground services and road works including quantity measurements, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standards, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings, as per requirements by Municipalities;
- Communicate with contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects;
- Prepare progress payment certificates;
- Investigate and/or troubleshoot existing conditions and installations;
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions to designers, design engineers and project managers;
- Coordination with property owners;
- Regular interaction with contractors while working on site; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- 3 Year Post Secondary Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology/Civil Engineering Technologist program;
- E.T. designation or working towards designation;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, per the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication, and comprehension skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Understanding of applicable regulations and legislation, related to construction projects; and
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
* Required to have your own vehicle and a valid driver’s license in good standing. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.