Our Municipal Engineering team designs the infrastructure that supports our communities’ growth and we have an exciting opportunity for an Inspector to join our growing team.
From roundabouts and road reconstructions to sanitary sewers and pumping station projects, you’ll be on site and responsible for ensuring standards are being met and progress is being made.
- Conduct on site inspections of underground services and road works including quantity measurements, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standards, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings, as per requirements by Municipalities;
- Communicate with contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects;
- Prepare progress payment certificates;
- Investigate and/or troubleshoot existing conditions and installations;
- Provide design and constructability feedback and suggestions to designers, design engineers and project managers;
- Coordination with property owners;
- Regular interaction with contactors while working on site; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- 3 Year Post Secondary Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology/Civil Engineering Technologist program;
- Minimum 3-5 years related working experience (including co-op experience);
- C.E.T. designation or working towards designation;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, per the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication, and comprehension skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Understanding of applicable regulations and legislation, related to construction projects; and
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.