MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking an Inspector to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Provide quality assurance inspections of Land Development and site plan projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Ontario Building Code, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Prepare construction reports, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspections reports, site reports, testing reports and daily records for submission to Municipalities;
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities;
- Coordinate geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by Municipalities;
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects; and
- Regular communication with contractors while on site.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 1-3 years related working experience (including co-op experience);
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- General understanding of survey principles;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- E.T. designation or pursuing C.E.T. designation is considered an asset;
- Water Quality Analyst certification is considered an asset; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.