We are currently seeking an Inspector to work out of our Kitchener office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
As an Inspector, you will:
- Provide quality assurance inspections of Land Development and site plan projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Ontario Building Code, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Prepare construction reports, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspections reports, site reports, testing reports and daily records for submission to Municipalities;
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities;
- Coordinate geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by Municipalities;
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects; and
- Regular communication with contractors while on site.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 3-5 years related working experience (including co-op experience);
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- General understanding of survey principles;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- E.T. designation or pursuing C.E.T. designation is considered an asset;
- Water Quality Analyst certification is considered an asset; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.