We have an exciting opportunity for an Inspector to join our Civil Engineering team in Burlington.
Our Civil Engineering Team
Our Civil Engineering group, led by Kayam Ramsewak, is a dedicated team that brings sites to life across the Greater Toronto Area. With staff at all levels of their career, when you join this group you will always feel supported. We work hard but we also know how to blow off some steam. Whether its a catching a game and dinner after work or the occasional park meet up in the summer, on this team we make sure to balance work with play.
If you have a goal, we will help you achieve it. When you join us you’ll be met with an environment that fosters relationships, empowers you to grow professionally, and is a driver of change within our community.
- Provide quality assurance inspections of Land Development and Site Plan projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Ontario Building Code, Regional Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Prepare construction reports, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspection reports, site reports, testing reports and daily records for submission to Municipalities;
- Survey and record elevations of installed underground services, road works and lot grading certification, providing documentation of as-built information for submission to Municipalities;
- Coordinate geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, tree planting, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by Municipalities;
- Communicate with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide progress updates on projects;
- Regular communication with contractors while on site; and
- Develop preliminary and final approval drawings and figures, and final construction drawings for a wide variety of civil engineering projects, using AutoCAD software when field work is low.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Minimum 3-5 years related working experience;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- General understanding of survey principles;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- E.T. designation or pursuing C.E.T. designation is considered an asset;
- Water Quality Analyst certification is considered an asset; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.