Our Environmental team in Kitchener is growing and we are seeking out an experienced Hydrogeologist to join us.
Drawing on your knowledge of groundwater and surface water interactions, as well as your experience managing projects, you will develop sustainable hydrogeologic solutions for our clients’ projects.
- Conduct hydrogeological assessments, dewatering assessments, surface water assessments, water supply studies, water taking permits;
- Data analysis, interpretation, and reporting (i.e. Hydrogeological Investigations and Groundwater Monitoring Reports);
- Technical reviews of reports to ensure compliance with client objectives, regulatory requirements and technical standards (QA/QC assessment of data and reports);
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating field activities associated with hydrogeological assessments, surface water assessments, water supply studies, Permits To Take Water;
- Provide technical input regarding hydrogeological issues on multi-disciplinary projects;
- Prepare work plans and cost estimates and act as project technical lead;
- Manage Projects (budget, client and schedule);
- Business development activities;
- Contractor coordination;
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors;
- Mentor Junior Staff; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Geology/Hydrogeology, Earth Sciences or Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Member in good standing with Professional Engineers Ontario, with P. Eng. designation, or the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario, with P. Geo. designation;
- Understanding of applicable regulatory requirements (Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act and other applicable federal and provincial acts, regulations, and guidelines) and general engineering / hydrogeological practices and processes;
- Knowledge of construction dewatering;
- Knowledge of groundwater and surface water interactions;
- Knowledge of soil and bedrock classification;
- Experience completing hydraulic conductivity tests and estimating hydraulic conductivity;
- Experience mapping groundwater flow direction and calculating groundwater gradients (vertical and horizontal);
- Experience managing projects;
- Proficiency with software applications (i.e. MS Word and Excel);
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD and Aquifer Test an asset;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Must be able to lift equipment between 50 to 60 lbs.;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed; and
- Valid G License.