MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to work out of our Kitchener office.
About the role
The HR Assistant position is a hands-on role that reports to the Director, Human Resources. We are looking for a bright and talented self-starter with great verbal and written communication skills, excellent time management and strong attention and accuracy to detail.
- Supporting the Human Resources department with all transactional HR functions and administrative tasks;
- Managing sensitive and confidential employee information, data and files, in both paper and electronic formats (HRIS system);
- Responding to general HR related inquiries from employees;
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process by coordinating interview times, participating in interviews, and completing reference checks;
- Coordinating both employee onboarding and employee off boarding procedures;
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration of all employee benefit programs;
- Providing general administrative support including email and letter correspondence, report building, the creation and completion of HR related forms, and the processing of confidential information;
- Assisting with the coordination of employee recognition programs; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources;
- Minimum 1-3 years of related work experience;
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive information;
- Actively pursuing CHRP Designation; and
- Access to a vehicle is required for travel to all MTE office locations.