MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to work part time out of our Kitchener office.
- Attend all Management Health & Safety meetings and prepare and distribute meeting minutes following the meeting;
- Receive and review all JHSC correspondence including workplace inspection reports and meeting minutes;
- Track and communicate OHSA related legislative updates/changes and validate existing company procedures according to regulatory requirements;
- Assist with health & safety policy and procedure creation and revisions;
- Investigate reported incidents, near misses and identified hazards and prepare reports as required;
- Deliver health and safety training for new employees and provide refresher courses for existing staff;
- Develop project and site specific hazard assessments and safe work plans with employees working in the field;
- Visit project sites to evaluate safety performance and ensure a safe working environment;
- Manage WSIB claims and return to work/modified duties, as required;
- Provide H&S related statistics for proposals, as required;
- Maintain and update SDS binders for all offices, as required;
- Maintain and manage supply of standard company issued personal protective equipment and manage all activities associated with internal steel boot procedure; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a health and safety role;
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety related laws, regulations, and standards;
- Certified or working towards certification, under the Occupational Health and Safety Act/Regulations;
- Experience as a trainer on topics related to health and safety;
- Comfortable working on/around construction sites;
- Ability to carry out inspections and audits related to health and safety practices in the field;
- Ability to support and coach teams and committees;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- Access to a vehicle for work related travel.