Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering… We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Technician to work out of our Stratford office.
MTE Consultants is an employee-owned company that provides services in civil and structural engineering, building and environmental science, toxicology, and land surveying. Since beginning in 1985, MTE has grown to over 400 employees with offices in Burlington, Kitchener, London, Stratford, and Toronto.
MTE is about three things … people, people and people. This philosophy is what continues to drive our culture. Our employees are integral to who we are and what we do. As a result we strive to provide a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections;
- Aggregate laboratory testing;
- Onsite reporting and coordination; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Working towards C.Tech or C.E.T. designation;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician, is considered an asset;
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods training, is considered an asset;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment ;
- Strong technical report writing skills and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance; and
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.