We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Technician to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections;
- Aggregate laboratory testing;
- Onsite reporting and coordination; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Working towards C.Tech or C.E.T. designation;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician, is considered an asset;
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods training, is considered an asset;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment ;
- Strong technical report writing skills and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance.