Our Geotechnical team in London is growing and we are currently seeking a Geotechnical Technician to join us!
Led by Brett Thorner, our group of geotechnical engineering specialists provide solutions and analysis for commercial, industrial, institutional, residential and municipal developments and reconstruction projects. When you join this team, you’ll work alongside a group of people that care about your professional development and will always have your back.
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections;
- Aggregate laboratory testing;
- Onsite reporting and coordination; and
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- Working towards C.Tech or C.E.T. designation;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician, is considered an asset;
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset;
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods training, is considered an asset;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Strong technical report writing skills and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance; and
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.