Our geotechnical engineering team is growing and we are looking for a Project Manager to join us in Burlington.
In this role you will manage and provide solutions on a variety of geotechnical projects in and around the Burlington and Hamilton area.
- Management of a variety of geotechnical engineering projects;
- Coordination of fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations, including drilling and test pitting;
- Coordination of compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, and aggregate sampling;
- Onsite reporting and coordination for geotechnical inspection for footing and subgrade;
- Prepare and review proposals, technical reports, and drawings;
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and be responsible for the financial health of the project;
- Provide leadership, mentoring, training, and technical support to junior staff;
- Continually seek opportunities to build and maintain client relationships and business development opportunities; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering;
- Eng. designation;
- 5+ years of related work experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.