Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Laboratory Technician to work out of our Stratford office.
- Completion of soil and aggregate laboratory testing, including but not limited to sieve and hydrometer analyses, Proctor testing, Atterberg limit determinations;
- Complete construction materials laboratory testing under the direction of our senior staff;
- Perform occasional construction site reconnaissance/inspections, as required;
- Assist with maintaining equipment and methods in compliance with expected standards (e.g., MTO, ASTM, CCIL, etc.);
- Assist with summarizing and analyzing findings from lab testing for written reports; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil/Construction/Environmental Engineering Technology, is considered an asset;
- Working towards C.Tech or C.E.T. designation, is considered an asset;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician, is considered an asset;
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Strong technical writing skills and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel;
- Experience with AutoCAD is considered an asset;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle; and
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.