MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer-in-training to work out of our London office.
- Conduct fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations including drilling and test pitting;
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections;
- Aggregate laboratory testing;
- Onsite reporting and coordination; and
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports under the supervision of a licensed geotechnical engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geotechnical engineering (Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering, is considered an asset);
- Registered as an EIT through PEO, working towards P.Eng. designation;
- 1 to 3 years of related work experience;
- ACI Concrete Technician, is considered an asset;
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong technical report writing skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance; and
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within 6 months of start date.