We are currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer-in-Training to work out of our London office, to join our growing geotechnical team.
- Conduct fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations including drilling and test pitting.
- Compaction testing of soil and asphalt using a nuclear gauge, concrete testing, aggregate sampling and other geotechnical inspections.
- Aggregate laboratory testing.
- Onsite reporting and coordination.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports under the supervision of a licensed geotechnical engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or geotechnical engineering (Master’s degree in geotechnical engineering, is considered an asset).
- Registered as an EIT through PEO, working towards P.Eng. designation.
- One year of related work experience (including co-op experience).
- ACI Concrete Technician, is considered an asset.
- CCIL – Category “C’ Aggregate technician, is considered an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel, and other programs including AutoCAD and Geo-Slope.
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle, vehicle must carry nuclear densometer insurance.
- Successful Criminal Records Check which has been completed within six months of start date.