MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
About the role
- This position helps to create a safe and optimal environment for employees;
- The position is responsible for the day-to-day running of MTE’s office facilities in all regional areas; of maintenance and repairs, scheduling and coordination of subcontractors for service repairs, staff, and office moves; and
- This position will assist with inventory, purchasing and maintenance of furniture, general office supplies and services.
- Identifies maintenance issues and performs a variety of ‘handy person’ tasks including projects such as patch & paint, replacing burnt light bulbs, minor plumbing, etc.;
- Coordinates and oversees the repair and maintenance work performed by certified technicians onsite including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.;
- Sets priorities for preventative maintenance, maintenance requisitions and scheduled work, seeing items through to a successful completion;
- Conducts monthly facility/floor inspections/walk-through (including workspaces, elevators, etc.) of all office locations for maintenance and resolution of health and safety items related to facilities;
- Liaises with vendors for cleaning of common areas and furniture, coordination of specialized intensive cleaning requests;
- Monitors sub-consultants and service contracts for such services as confidential paper shredding, outdoor landscaping, waste and recycling, elevator maintenance, signage, coffee service, etc.;
- Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed, reporting to the Manager, Facilities;
- Assists with renovations;
- Assists with internal/inter-office moves and expansions such as moving bins, labels, coordinate movers, coordinate relocation deficiencies, special requests;
- Maintains emergency evacuation plans for all regional offices and conducts annual fire drills;
- Develops and maintains detail plans of wall/door locations, room sizes and furniture layouts and assist with space planning; and
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on maintenance work experience;
- Post-Secondary Certificate in Facilities Management an asset;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Customer serviced oriented;
- Ability to lift <50 lbs; and
- Valid G license and access to own vehicle; travel is required to all office locations.