We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Director of Engineering and may include support for other members of the Senior Management team. The Executive Assistant supports the establishment of plans and aids in monitoring plans to keep various initiatives moving forward. This position is required to communicate with staff internally, as well as with clients, agencies and municipalities and other stakeholders on behalf of the Director of Engineering.
- Formatting, proofreading and copying of technical correspondence including but not limited to letters, memos, and reports;
- Provide support with regards to project related work including scheduling meetings, attending meetings, preparing minutes, gathering background information and preparing presentations;
- Management of incoming communication and scheduling for the Director of Engineering, having a clear understanding of what is time sensitive and taking proactive and anticipatory actions within broad guidelines outlined;
- Preparation of proposals, tenders, RFP’s as required;
- Strategize and provides assistance in moving initiatives forward;
- Assist with management of email communication both internally and externally, including items of sensitive and/or confidential material;
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in a Business Administration or Executive Assistant related program;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Executive Assistant capacity;
- Advanced MS Office skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comprehension;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Customer service orientation; and
- Working knowledge of the field of civil engineering, science or a related field.