MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Technologist to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Planning and conducting hazardous building material and indoor air quality assessments;
- Conducting site work associated with monitoring of hazardous building materials abetment projects, and construction-related infection control within hospitals, including on-site inspection of contractor activities and collection of air samples;
- Collecting air and bulk building material samples and submission to laboratories for analysis;
- Coordination and communication with clients and subcontractors including laboratories, abatement contractors and construction site supervisors;
- Attend and participate in project or client meetings, as required;
- Completion of field inspection reports and data compilation;
- Evaluation and interpretation of analytical results;
- Preparation of detailed technical reports, management programs and specifications;
- Participate in proposal preparation including cost estimating, scoping and scheduling;
- Work off-hour shifts as required in order to accommodate assessment and inspection services required as part of evening, night and weekend work;
- Work on project sites within Ontario and occasionally out of province;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures pertaining to administration, I.T., finance and health and safety; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Human Health Sciences, Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Eligibility for P. Eng, CIH or CRSP designation is considered an asset;
- Post-secondary training, course work, diploma or degree pertaining to occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene or environmental studies is preferred;
- Proficiency with software applications (MS Office, Excel and AutoCAD);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Works well in a team environment;
- Must be able/fit to wear a respirator and able to work at heights and in confined spaces with appropriate training;
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings; and
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.