MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our team in Burlington.
- Conduct a variety of field sampling and data collection activities to support Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, Geotechnical Investigations, Remediation Projects and Risk Assessments;
- Coordination and communication with subcontractors including drillers, excavators, utility locators and laboratories;
- Compilation, tabulation and evaluation of analytical data with accuracy;
- Preparation of technical reports in consultation with the project manager or other more senior environmental professional;
- Attend and participate in project or client meetings, as required;
- Participate in proposal preparation including preparation of cost estimates and proposal text, and compilation of supporting information;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures pertaining to administration, I.T., finance and health and safety; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences, Hydrogeology or similar;
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience;
- Currently registered for or have future eligibility for a P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation is considered an asset;
- Experience in sample collection and with the use of field equipment;
- Technical understanding of provincial (Ontario) regulations and industry standard practices related to environmental site assessment, including an understanding of O.Reg.153/04 (Records of Site Condition) and CSA Standards for Phase I ESA and Phase II ESAs;
- Knowledge of soil classification, hydrogeology and environmental site assessment;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Proficiency with standard software applications (e.g., MS Office products).
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of individuals (e.g., project managers, laboratories, subcontractors and clients);
- Reliable, well organized and have a strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management skills, problem solving skills and decision making abilities; and
- Valid Driver’s license and vehicle to travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed.